Life Lessons: Chapter 32
It's time for the annual life lessons blog post! That's right, this past year has flown by, and ya girl is 32 years old! I am so thankful for the blessings God has given me and for the amazing people he has connected me to over this past year.
- It's okay to take a break, whether in your social life, career goals, or personal goals. Taking a step back to recalibrate has been very beneficial for me.
- Always remain focused on the end goal; things will come to distract you. People will speak negative words to deter you but just remain focused!
- Continue to set the standard in your friendships; it's time out for always giving 24/7 and never receiving anything back. Set a standard and make it very clear.
- There is no need to apologize for putting yourself, your marriage, or your family first. If people can't understand that, they do not deserve to be a part of your life.
- God has some amazing friends lined up for you. Just keep being genuine, kind, and open! He will send them! (I only roll with a few people, so the word friend is used very carefully in my book)
- Not everyone deserves access, whether to your ideas, work-life, goals, or family. BOUNDARIES are so important
- Balance is something you can control if you are mindful of what and who you are giving your attention to!
- If you aren't fulfilling your dream or destiny, figure out what does and go after it!
- Plans change, and so do people. Sometimes it's best to just go with the flow.
- Move quietly.
- Invest in your marriage.
- Find reasons to laugh, whether going to a comedy show, picking a funny movie, or just reminiscing with your partner. Find a reason to laugh. The world is so dark and ugly. You have to lift yourself up.
- Your home should always be a place of peace and refuge anything that threatens your peace must leave immediately.
- It doesn't matter if it takes 6 months, 1 year, or 5 years. Keep fighting for your dream.
- When life gets a bit too overwhelming, and there are more things on your to-do list rather than your completed list, it's okay to start over the next day.
- Do not wait for an apology (I am still learning this). Oftentimes others don't remember what they did or said to hurt you, and if they do remember then, that's a clear sign that you can move on.
- Fight for what you deserve!
- Demand respect, especially if respect is being given!
- Spend more time reading God's word (I have been seeing so much growth!)
- Continue to celebrate others.
- Be honest with the ones you trust and love
- Heartache lasts for a moment, the memory may linger, but hope will always be around the corner.
- Even when it hurts, keep trusting that God has a reason for everything.
- Your ideas are valuable.
- No one in this world thinks like you do. What you bring to the table is amazing! (Sometimes you even bring the table with you!!! haha)
- God designed you and tailored made everything about you, working hard to change the unique things he put inside of you can be detrimental.
- Somebody somewhere is waiting for you to follow through with your vision or dream!
- You have people waiting on your dream to take flight.
- Whatever is meant to be will be! You will not have to force anything.
- Forgiveness is powerful.
- Therapy will stretch you! Be prepared.
- God sees and hears all. He will handle it!