As we begin to gather around the tables with our families to celebrate Thanksgiving I just wanted to take a moment to share a few things that I am thankful for this year. As I sat down to write this post I felt the waves of grief wash over me, so I did what I have been teaching myself to do. Ride the wave, acknowledge the feelings, sadness and hurt, and pray.
I want to first start off by thank God for every angel he has assigned over my life and over my family. I know without God’s grace and mercy I wouldn’t be here today. Secondly, I want to acknowledge my loved ones who are no longer here with us, thank you for your kind words, love and for being an amazing pillar in my family.
Now that I have the prelimenaries out of the way I want to share few things I am thankful for!
- I am thankful for love and everything it has taught me on this journey. I am so thankful I get to experience unconditional love every day I wake up.
- I am thankful for my husband, he is the apple of my eye and I can not imagine life without him.
Photo By: Bujoy Media
- I am thankful for my family, they have shaped me into the woman I am today.
- I am thankful for therapy! Ya'll therapy has been kicking my butt!! But I am thankful for the growth I am seeing and the willingness to speak up when I feel uncomfortable or unseen.
- I am thankful for my home, it is filled with such peace and warmth.
- I am thankful for my job! I truly enjoy going to work every day and seeing my amazing students.
- I am thankful for new opportunities!
- I am thankful for second chances.
- I am thankful for a relationship with Christ, we have been having some serious conversations lately and he is carrying me through!
- I am thankful for my amazing friends and the friends God is about to add to my life.
- I am thankful for closed doors and friendships ending. Without either of these things happening I wouldn't have been able to acknowledge my wrongdoings, misteps or failure to see when things were coming to a close.
- I am thankful for a peace of mind, with everything going on in the world and internally having a peace of mind is amazing!
- I am thankful for the desire to keep going, often times we are given second chances but the desire to continue is not there due to fear of failure.
- I am thankful for life! Every second of the day is not promised, so I am in a constant state of gratitude and thanks to God for thinking enough of me to keep me here!